Why worry about how to get from the airport to town when you can arrange it before you arrive in Vienna? We can arrange for a driver to wait for you in the arrival hall at the airport, so all you have to do is grab hold of your luggage, and the next thing you will notice is that a driver will be taking you to the city center of Vienna. We can, of course, help with arranging your transfer back to the airport as well.
The airport in Vienna is named Vienna International Airport, or Schwechat, and it is located 18 kilometers from the city center of Vienna. In 2011 the airport served more than 21 million passengers, which increased to more than 31 million in 2019.
Vienna Airport has several terminals, and it is used by popular airlines such as Austrian Airlines, RyanAir, WizzAir, Aegean, AIr France, Air Canada, Egypt Air, Lufthansa, Vueling, and many others.
Book a transfer to/from Vienna Airport.
Would you like a private driver to transfer you between Vienna Airport and your hotel or maybe the other way (or both)? Fill in the forms below, and you will get the best price for airport transfers in Vienna.
Other interesting information about Vienna Airport.
- The airport has two runways, both of which are over 3,000 meters long and capable of accommodating large aircraft such as the Airbus A380.
- Vienna International Airport has many shops, restaurants, and other amenities, including duty-free shops, lounges, and a casino.
- The airport is connected to Vienna city center by several means of transportation, including trains, buses, taxis, and private transfers. The City Airport Train (CAT) offers a direct, non-stop connection between the airport and Wien Mitte station in the heart of Vienna.
- Vienna International Airport has won several awards for its environmental sustainability efforts, including being named Europe’s most eco-friendly airport in 2020 by the Air Transport Research Society.
Would you like to travel elsewhere from Vienna Airport?
Are you going somewhere else and not to a hotel in the center of Vienna? It is possible to use Vienna Airport as a hub and travel from the airport to other vibrant and important cities elsewhere in Austria or in neighboring countries.
- Vienna Airport to Budapest: The distance is 225km, and the expected travel time is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Vienna Airport to Bratislava: The distance is 63km, and the travel time by car is 45 minutes.
- Vienna Airport to Graz: The distance is 200km, and the travel time is 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- Vienna Airport to Salzburg: The distance is 319km, and the travel time is 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- Vienna Airport to Linz: The distance is 207km, and the travel time is 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- Vienna Airport to Prague: The distance is 340km, and the travel time is 3 hours and 40 minutes.
- Vienna Airport to Zagreb: The distance is 380km, and the travel time is 4 hours.
- Vienna Airport to Ljubljana: The distance to the Slovenian capital is 388km, and the travel time is approximately 4 hours.
Need a place to sleep near the airport?
Is your plane leaving Vienna early in the morning, and you’d like to sleep near the airport to get to the airport in time in the morning? Are you arriving late in the evening, and you want to go to bed quickly after arrival? Here you can find a couple of hotels located very close to Vienna Airport.
- NH Vienna Airport: This is the number one solution if you want a brilliant hotel only 500 meters from Vienna Airport. Here you can eat a wonderful breakfast, arrange a conference, or rent a car and use it as a hub for exploring Austria.
- Moxy Vienna: This hotel has three stars and is ideal if you want a cheaper solution close to Vienna Airport (only 200 meters from the terminals). The hotel has a bar available 24/7, ideal for families and business travelers.
Those are the best solutions for spending the night in a hotel near Vienna Airport.